Monday, February 1, 2010

Snowmen: Day Three

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?

Book:Winter Friends--Carl R. Sams & Jean Stoick

Songs:

I'm a Little Snowman II
(Sung to: "I'm a Little Teapot")I'm a little snowperson short and fat.
Here are my buttons, here is my hat.
When the sun comes out, I cannot play.I just slowly melt away!


On a large snowman poster, point out the buttons down the front of a snowman. Help children count how many buttons there are. (Could use a feltboard to add/subtract buttons from the snowman.)Activities/Crafts:

Button Sorting: give each child a plate with a sample of buttons. Have them sort them by color/size/material, etc.


How Many Buttons:
Glue five snowman cuttouts with a different number written under each one onto a manilla folder. Help your children place the correct number of buttons (matching the number under the snowman) on each snowman.

Snowman Button Match--have children find 3 matching buttons to glue on their snowman.

Snowman Button Picture--children decorate their own snowman using buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment